Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Flyfisherman

When ever we travel, my husband likes to always throw in his fly fishing gear. You just never know when you might be able to leave a meeting early and find a good river to drop a fly in. He loves to fly fish....and he is really good at it. He practices casting in our backyard, he watches videos, he ties his own flies, and he LOVES it!
The thing is, flyfishing is a sport that takes forever to get set up. So while I watch the beautiful trout jump right out of the water......he is getting his waders and vest on.
Then he puts his pole together and strings the line through.....more fish are jumping right behind him!
Then he has to choose a fly to use....this is a science! Depends on what time of day it is and what the Hatch is at this time of year.
Nothing seems to be just what he is looking for in a fly.
So he has to pull out another box of flies....and most of these flies are flies he has tied himself.
Then he has to TIE the fly on the line....and I am getting frustrated! The fish are leaving.
Finally he is in the water.
And just like that! He caught a beauty.
Add VideoThen, he lets him go.....carefully.

And is back out to do it again. He looks so cute out in the river I can't be too bugged that it always takes him so long to get set up. It is a perfect sport for him to relax and enjoy the outdoors....and I love to just sit and watch him cast. We make a good fishing team.

3 comments:

  1. This post put a huge smile on my face. :)

    My husband always talks about wanting to learn to fly fish. Thanks to you, now I know I would NEVER have the patience for actually doing it but I think I would like to sit back and watch my husband. :)

    All these years and you guys are the cutest couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is my dad!!?? The cutest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie,
    This is so fun! I just got your comment on my blog, glad you looked. I just wish my blog was a little more impressive, Erin's is amazing, I love reading her blog. I'm lucky if I post every 6 months. :) So glad to hear from you, I hear so much about you from my mom, can't wait to meet you and hang out with you and my mom and Erin.
    Megan (Ranee's daughter) :)

    ReplyDelete