Wednesday, June 30, 2010

36 Years Ago

All he said was "Will You" and I cut him off and said YES! We took this picture just minutes after. We wanted to capture this moment. Our beginning.
It was 1974.
I was so completely in love with Richard....he was a dream...and he still is 36 years later.
It was a time of Bell Bottom pants, Denim shirts, Frye boots, Kaftans, Mini skirts and Platform shoes. How funny that all that stuff is in style right now.
We were married in my backyard and I had wild flowers in my hair.
I wanted to be married barefoot but my mom had a fit. Rich took me to J.C. Penney's 2 hours before our wedding and bought me some white sandals to wear....no wonder my mom loved him so much!

It was a perfect day. We couldn't wait to leave on our Honeymoon. We went to Zion for 2 nights and Grand Canyon for 2 nights. We had a deluxe cabin right on the North rim. Then we came home and loaded up an old army tent and went camping for a week at Yankee Meadow up Parowan Canyon. It was our Dream Honeymoon!

We washed up every morning in the creek.

Rich pitching our tent. It took hours to get it all set up.

I loved cooking dinner on our brand new Coleman stove we got for a wedding gift.

We went hiking every day. Can you believe this is a future College President?

Our first little home on Louise Ave in Salt Lake City. We had a huge garden in the backyard. Our dads both had big gardens. I remember being so excited to show off our first garden. My dad was so proud of us he kinda choked up seeing it.

How lucky I am to be your wife. We said we wanted to grow old together and now we are.
I love you Babe!

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE the flashback Bonnie!..what a kick! Congratulations to both of you..your both as cool now as you were then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie! I love these pictures so much!!! I'm dying to see the resemblance between you and Carly. That one of you bending down by the creek had me fooled for a minute. Thought it was Carly!

    You guys are the cutest couple.

    Congratulations love birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute post Bonnie. I thought you looked just like Carly too. I think you guys are the perfect couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so good to see you and Richard and your growing family sitting under the tree. I missed being able to sit and chat, but we will find time to do that in the future. Maybe some time when you are in San Diego we can meet in the middle and have lunch.

    Glad you liked the idea for the next reunion. I will post it on Lenny's site and send everyone the link and see what they think.

    I enjoyed see you younger and I am excited that you are still so happy.

    Take care of yourself

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary and such a fun flashback. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had so much fun reading this because I was married in 1975. Everything in the pictures looks so familiar!! Found you through your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea, Bonnie has a blog! Loved reading all your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you started a blog Bonnie! What a super cool Grandma you are! So fun to see your wedding/newly wed pictures! What a couple of hotties you guys are! Congratulations on 36 years, what an acomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was fun to see you so young. I like that you have a blog this will be nice to see what your up to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were a hippie bride weren't you? I loved hearing about your "Love Story" last month at Bunko but it is so much better seeing it in pictures!! Cute post!! Happy belated anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete