Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Payback

This is about friends ~ I love my friends. They are like family...like sisters I never had. I care about them, laugh with them, worry about them, and try to take care of them.

My daughters have friends too. Lots of friends! They make their lives so much more fun.

If you are lucky, like I am, then your friends will be there when you really need them...without ever even having to ask for their help.

Today, this post is about a friend my daughter Erin has. Her name is Shari. She lives by Erin in San Diego and she has 6 kids. Busy, cute mom of SIX kids.

When my daughter Erin was at the hospital fighting for her life, Shari was here in minutes.

She hugged me, cried with me, sat with me and tended Kole while I ran to buy formula.

Later that day, she brought me a Diet Coke. How did she know?

New coloring books and crayons were left on the porch for Ellie and Addie to find.

She picked up a Boppy at Target, in Erin's favorite color green, for her to use to nurse Kole in the hospital. I had mentioned Erin was having a hard time nursing him with all of her stitches.

When I went home and back to my life, she would text me and tell me how Erin was doing. She would reassure me that she was checking on Erin. She made dinner for the family and would stop by often to visit and spend time with Erin.

Today was, in some small way, payback.

I took Erin and Shari to lunch. We went to their favorite place to eat called Sammys.


I hope Shari reads this post and knows that I can never really repay her for all of her help during a most difficult time. I hope she knows how much I appreciate all she did.

Friends ~ how could we do it without them?


5 comments:

  1. Bonnie! You made me cry! That was so sweet of you. I agree 100 percent about the importance of good friends. I'm so thankful for your sweet daughter's friendship, and for yours.

    Lunch was awesome! Thanks again. I'm still embarrassed that I ate so much and that I totally inhaled like 2 diet cokes in minutes!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Erin has such a supportive friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie...you are this same kind of friend. What would I do without you?
    love you, Sher

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post Bonnie - I'm so glad that Erin has found wonderful friends down in San Diego. We all miss her and worried so much about her. I'm glad that I have you for a friend too! We've been through a lot together and it's always been nice to know that I have you for a friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post Bonnie! I too am thankful for Shari and all the help Erin received from her great San Diego friends. And I have been so thankful that Erin is blessed with such WONDERFUL parents and that you were able to be with her and help her so much. I was so panicked when I found out what was happening and I was just sick that I was so far from Erin, feeling helpless to help her. Thankful for all who love her and especially thankful that all is well!!!

    ReplyDelete